Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Sick

I feel bleh, which is different than blah. Blah is fairly neutral - not good but not awful. But I feel bleh...not good. I had a fever of 100.6 earlier this afternoon before I took some Tylenol and a nap. I feel achy and have the chills. I am tired and lethargic, but still have an appetite. I've got a little bit of drainage, but nothing major. No cough, really - Becca has a cough but I don't. Any idea what I have? I never did get around to getting my flu shot...may have been a big mistake!

I really dislike being sick. It's actually one of my least favorite things in the world. And I feel a little guilty about it, because I know that there are many people, in the world that are much sicker than I am. People whose illness is life-threatening, debilitating, and/or extremely painful. And I hate it for those people, I really do. I don't mean to sound insensitive, but as I am not feeling 100%, there's a good chance it might be coming across that way. I apologize for that.

Anyways, being sick. No fun at all. It's funny how when I am sick, it pretty much takes over my life. I'm not really able to think about other things, focus, or accomplish much. All I can do is be sick. And that stinks. John Wesley often used imagery of illness for sin, and I think the metaphor holds true here. When we are stuck in sin, it pretty much consumes our life, especially certain kinds of sin. So I pray for the Great Physician to bring healing into my life and yours - both for our physical sicknesses, but even more importantly for our spiritual disease.

1 comment:

David Woodard said...

You did right on skipping that flu shot. An artificial immunity is not as good as a natural one. Drink some OJ. You will be stronger soon.