Saturday, March 13, 2010

Lock-In

Our youth group had a lock-in last night, and I decided to hang out with them for (most of) it, and I had a great time! We met at the church and then went to Nashville to play lasertag, which is always a ton of fun! Then we drove back to the church, stopping to get pizza on the way. At the church, we ate the pizza and watched a video of a comedian named Tim Hawkins, who was hilarious - we were laughing so hard we were almost crying. Then we played some games for awhile and finally split up to work on some things for the upcoming Youth Sunday. All of that started to wind down around 4:00am, which is when I decided to head home to try to get some sleep. I think the youth popped in a movie and did the same.

The entire event was a lot of fun. I want to say thanks to John, Mary, and John's friend for chaperoning the lock-in. And to the Women's Group for cooking breakfast. I think everyone had a blast! Going to the lock-in made me think back on my own experience as a youth growing up in church, and lock-ins were certainly one of the highlights. I hope and pray that the youth of Bethpage UMC are having the same kind of youth group experience that I did - one that deeply forms them in the Christian faith and community and instills in them a lifetime of love and devotion for God. What could we give to anyone that would be more significant than that?

No comments: