Friday, March 26, 2010

Sick Little Girl

Becca is sick :(

She's got the diarrhea. Big time. She's also thrown up every day for more than a week now. This morning, we gave her some orange Gatorade, and then she projectile vomited all over me. Good times! On top of that, she has an ear infection and just acts pitiful. I feel so badly for her. One of my least favorite things in the world is to be sick, but I would gladly be sick if it meant she didn't have to be.

I guess that's part of what being a parent does to you. You truly do start to care for someone else more than yourself and put her needs ahead of your own. You know what, that's a big part of what Jesus calls us to do as well. In many ways, becoming a parent has helped me to grow into the likeness of Christ more than a lot of other things in my life, which is pretty ironic since Jesus (at least as far as we know) never had any children. Then again, God is the Parent of us all, so Jesus had that going for himself.

Anyways, poor little Becca. We gave her three baths today, changed her clothes more than that, and even changed her bedding 2 or 3 times. It's been a messy and "frazzled" day, as Nancy said earlier. But one of the nice things about today is that Nancy and I really worked together to make it through the day and care for Becca. It often took both of us to change her diaper and clean her up (she was not a happy girl at all), and we would tag-team caring for her and cleaning up the messes. One of us would snuggle with her to keep her on her side while the other put drops in her ear. I'm very thankful to be married to such a wonderful woman and love sharing our life together!

No comments: